Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving


The holiday that is coming up very soon is Thanksgiving and that is when I see my entire family on one day. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays right after Christmas which is cool because they are right next to each other. In my family a traditional Thanksgiving day includes everyone from my family all going to my cousin Vida's house. In total about 15 of us join and celebrate together. Every year my aunt makes a pumpkin pie that everyone devours in about ten minutes.


Usually the day starts off with everyone joining at my cousins house around 3. After everyone gets there my sister, cousins and I go to the kitchen and help finish what is left to make of the thanksgiving feast. My dad and uncles all sit down on the couch and put on a football or baseball game and enjoy themselves until dinner comes. Around 5:00 when the table is set and everything is prepared we gather around a long wooden table that seats all of us. My little cousins sit at there own table off to the side so they can enjoy and talk and play with themselves rather than sit around a big table and be annoyed with all the parents talking. After everyone is seated and we get our servings we all enjoy in silence usually for the first five minutes.

After dinner is one and everyone has had a slice of pie we all sit around the table for a while and share old stories from our childhoods and reminisce about the past year and what good has happened. The reason this is one of my favorite holidays is because of the tradition and the family gatherings that take place on this occasion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment